Game will not run if unplugged from the system.

Oct 3, 2013 at 7:11 AM
Edited Oct 3, 2013 at 9:58 AM
UPDATE:
Is internet connection mandatory for AdRotator to work?
If I play the game when there is no internet connection the game crashes at start. However during gameplay it does not crash when I turn off the WiFi and keep playing.

OLD DISCUSSION:
Hi Simon,
Came up with an unusual problem today. I am not able to play the game on my WP7 after adding adrotator.dll. The problem is mainly with starting the game on the device. The game will not start if it is not connected to the system.
However if I provide the connection to my system, it will start without a hitch.

Just wondering, should the reference for the adrotatorXNA.dll be the one built in my project.
Any solution to this problem will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Stanley J. Maliackal
Oct 3, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Edited Oct 3, 2013 at 10:21 AM
If you check out the example project in source or download the monster sample pack and compare how you have implemented it to the samples.

If you check on the store you will find 2 XNA demo project I have published there using the XNA version. (Starter 3D and 2D samples)

We are still working on a XNA update in line with the XAML releases so it will be useful to get feedback if you are having problems
Oct 3, 2013 at 10:24 AM
Edited Oct 3, 2013 at 10:27 AM
UPDATE:
I checked if Internet Connection was available before initializing the adrotator component. It works now.

OLD DISCUSSION:
Thank you for your response.
Will check and let you know.

Stanley J. Maliackal
Oct 3, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Yes an Internet connection is required to get internet ads, but the house ads will work if no network is available since they are local to your project and if you also use a hosted ad, then AdRotator will cache it when successful and use that instead, online or offline.

We removed internet checking from the solution as it was found to be unreliable, better to let a web call fail than test for the presence of the internet.
Oct 3, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Can we have multiple local HouseAds in XNA AdRotator?

Thank you
Stanley J. Maliackal
Oct 3, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Not in V1, in V2 it will be possible be we haven't brought that functionality forward yet, we are working on it.
In a XAML solution it would be possible to have multiple house ads rotating inside the same XAML control. For XNA on WP7 this would mean using a SilverXNA (Silverlight / XNA integration) solution and using the XAML WP7 control instead of the native XNA one.

Hope this helps
Oct 3, 2013 at 1:08 PM
Wont work for me unfortunately. I have too many variables that are dependent on GameTime plus no time for me to experiment.
I read through SilverXNA. Really cool.
I have built my game through Unity and used a Library called FFWD to port it to XNA(If you have not heard of it. https://github.com/fehaar/FFWD/) another reason why I am not able to convert to SilverXNA. Anyways thanks for the help and eagerly waiting for AdRotator V2.

Thank You,
Stanley J. Maliackal