Mobfox, admop etc DLL's

Feb 4, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Why are the dll's for the different providers atached? Do you need them in the project? It seems to work with adrotator dll only...

Feb 5, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Really? it seem to work or it work? what I've seen in the project is that the control is dependent from the dll to show the ads...have you found that is different?

Explain me how, it could be really interssting...

Feb 5, 2012 at 8:01 PM

well, there is definately no defferenz to detect with or without the dll's

Adduplex: Definately running without its own dll, changes ads all the time

Inneractive: is just showing the same ad all the time...with and without.., website says "100% fillrate"

Mobfox: detects the impressions, but Fillrate 0, actually it shows no ads if not in Test mode..(But this version of my app is still not rolled out and mobfox says "they are able to detect this.." whatever no change with dll

Admop: just shows an test-ad and detects the calls, but fillrate 0

I dont use Pubcenter..

It seems that Mobfox and Inneractive have       <Capability Name="ID_CAP_IDENTITY_DEVICE" /> function necessary, because if not in wmappmanifest you get UnauthorizedAccessException error - even without their dll's, so it seemed to me the complete functionality is in the adrotator dll.

Do you think in rolled out state it could be different?

Feb 6, 2012 at 4:48 PM

ok, it seems the dll's are needed :) Suddenly after some times the project gives an error and asks after all the dll's. Interesting, it does not always...

Feb 6, 2012 at 5:19 PM

The dlls are needed for the project to compile as it has references to classes defined in those dlls. When not using some of the ads you might be able to get away without including all dlls. At the moment this is really by chance, the project hasn't been designed to work stable without some of the unused dlls.

I'll later look into if I can have a more dynamic approach in loading only the dlls used e.g. by using MEF.