Edit: How to control which screen that will show the ads?

Aug 17, 2013 at 5:22 AM
Edited Aug 17, 2013 at 7:03 AM
hi, i'm just starting using ad rotator for my xna game and in your sample and i want to know how to control which screen that show my ads and which screen i don't want it to show my ads?

i'm using gamestate management sample for the screen management.... i already tried to call isenable and also screenmanager.game.component.remove(the ads component) but it will show the ads for all over my screen right after i initliaze it
Coordinator
Aug 17, 2013 at 6:30 PM
To hide the control either set it IsEnabled to false or simply keep a static reference somewhere and add/remove it from the component collection for when you need it.

Quite simple really

Hope this helps
Coordinator
Aug 17, 2013 at 6:34 PM
Also As noted in the documentation you have two ways to get configuration into your control, either:
  • locally using the DefaultSettingsFileUri property
  • remotely using the SettingsUrl property
If you don't have hosting don't worry just use the local config instead but we strongly recommend it, you can find plenty of free hosting out there for your config including appharbour or windows azure (you have 10 free websites in azure). Having the config remote means you can update your advertising without redeploying your app
Aug 18, 2013 at 3:49 PM
oh thank you for the answer... i already implement it in my game and right now is going into certification... hope it will pass :)
Coordinator
Aug 18, 2013 at 4:45 PM
great news, good luck with that then. Just make sure you have a privacy policy as its's mandatory these days and the most commonly missed item
Aug 18, 2013 at 5:30 PM
What's privacy policy? Honestly this is my first time getting into this mobile games development... I don't know exactly how or what is ads for, from what i read, its about earning some money from showing ads...
sorry for this dumb questions >_<
Coordinator
Aug 19, 2013 at 9:18 AM
No problem, just a heads up as the submission process demands it these days, you can pull your submission and update it now then resubmit it later.
All the details about privacy policies are here on the WP site - http://www.windowsphone.com/en-gb/legal/wp8/windows-phone-privacy-statement

Note you preferably need it hosted somewhere but if you don't have a site, then have a text page in your app with a button / app bar menu item for users to view it.
Mandatory that it is visible in your app and optional on the WP app submission page (in the describe your XAP section)

Hope this helps.
If you app does not use the internet in any way other than AdRotator you may be fine but the rule of thumb is to have one and avoid rejection
AdRotator it'self doesn't require a privacy policy as we have apps in the store without it
Aug 20, 2013 at 12:47 AM
woah very long details, i will take some times to understand it ahahhaha (english is not my native language, getting hard times figuring that in the policies is ahhaha)
well my games don't need an internet connection, the only one need is the ads itself so i think i don't need to pull it out..

well after all thank you for your help :)