Unable to use SettingsUrl config file for XNA AdRotator

Jul 11, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Hi,

I couldn't find solution to this issue in the previous discussions so I hope I am not duplicating it.
In my XNA game I've set up both local and remote config files for the default ad settings, but it appears that only the one in the app is used (DefaultSettingsFileUri). Is there a quick way to see why the SettingsUrl file is not loading or it will be best to reference the AdRotator XNA project and debug it?

Another issue that I spotted (also in the AdRotatorExampleXNA)was that the DefaultHouseAd don't seem to load even when there are no other AdTypes defined or DefaultSettingsFileUri and SettingsUrl are both not set.

Hope these are common problems with known solutions, because other than that you've done a great job with this control.
Coordinator
Jul 11, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Best way to test the remote config is to simply browse to it on your desktop and then on the phone. If you can reach it and read it then there should be no issue.

As for the default house Ad issue, I would suggest trying out the Alpha build (should really release it as full when I have the time) which corrected a similar issue remember though that it still has to be configured in your Config XML with or without a percentage.
Jul 11, 2013 at 1:56 PM
The problem with the local and remote config files was that they had same names in my case. For some reason the existence of the local one was overlapping the remote one.
Coordinator
Jul 11, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Hmm, I'll look in to that, it shouldn't have that effect as they are stored in different places. Glad you were able to work around it though