Trying to implement it in Game State Management Example

Jun 2, 2013 at 12:16 PM
I´m trying to do it, but i'm really beacuse Initialize{}, only appears in ScreenManager Class,

Any hint?
Coordinator
Jun 2, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Edited Jun 2, 2013 at 12:49 PM
:D

If you check the Starter Game samples, 2 of them implement the Game State Management sample and use AdRotator
They were mean't to be moved to the monster sample pack and souce but I just haven't had the time

https://starterxna.codeplex.com/

The samples are also on the WIndows Phone store
Jun 2, 2013 at 9:08 PM
Thanks for helping me, but, i follow those examples and can´t make it work, implemented and compiled it, but Ads aren't showing. and can´t fin where it fails because

Any other hint?
;D
Coordinator
Jun 2, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Well, depending on how/where you have your config, if its local check the config file is set to resource, if its remote check the url is correct and accessible.

Otherwise put your config in one of the test apps and check the provider is sending you ads

Another thing to check is to hook up to the "Log" event and see what the control is saying

Sent: ‎02/‎06/‎2013 22:08
To: [email removed]
Subject: Re: Trying to implement it in Game State Management Example[wp7adrotator:445721]

Thanks for helping me, but, i follow those examples and can´t make it work, implemented and compiled it, but Ads aren't showing. and can´t fin where it fails because

Any other hint?
;D
Jun 3, 2013 at 10:59 AM
I´m working with test ad config, so it's not the problem, workin with the secon idea gives me this errors.

Trying with test ad confing, online and offline

-Loading Defaults failed, control disabled

-Failed Setings retrieved from local trying defaults

-Ads are enabled for display

-Ads being requested for: None

So the problem is the first part, is not loading Defaults, how can i repair it?

thanks

2013/6/3 Darkside <[email removed]>

Well, depending on how/where you have your config, if its local check the config file is set to resource, if its remote check the url is correct and accessible.

Otherwise put your config in one of the test apps and check the provider is sending you ads

Another thing to check is to hook up to the "Log" event and see what the control is saying

Sent: 02/06/2013 22:08
To: [email removed]
Subject: Re: Trying to implement it in Game State Management Example[wp7adrotator:445721]

Any other hint?
;D

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed])

To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed]

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Coordinator
Jun 3, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Sounds like your config file does not have the correct "Build Action" set in it's properties in VS

Check it is set to "Content" and the "copy to output directory" is set to "Copy if Newer"
Jun 3, 2013 at 2:04 PM
That worked!!!!

Thank you

2013/6/3 Darkside <[email removed]>

Sounds like your config file does not have the correct "Build Action" set in it's properties in VS

Check it is set to "Content" and the "copy to output directory" is set to "Copy if Newer"

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed])

To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed]

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Coordinator
Jun 3, 2013 at 2:25 PM
It's one of the easiest things to miss. We did highlight it in the install instructions but we hope to do better with V2
Jun 8, 2013 at 7:03 PM
Now i getting another strange issue.

I´m triying to show 2 different ad providers, pubcenter and NAX(Inneractive), but i think that aren't working properly.

With Inneractive posibilities set to 100 and pubcenter 0, my app it´s showing correctly this ad, but is not generating impression,in my dashboard its saying 80 request and 0 impressions.

Now with pubcenter ,that is correctly configured, isn't showing any ad.

So, what is causing this?

I´m triying all of this in my mobile phone.

thanks
Coordinator
Jun 8, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Right, well the NAX thing is a known issue with Interactive, tbh honest its pretty hit and miss if data shows up there. AdRotator does a good job of showing their ads but "sometimes" data doesn't appear on their dashboard if there isn't enough global traffic (need thousands of hits before it registers)

As for Pubcenter, check the log to see if you were actually served an ad, their fill rate outside of the US isn't that great in my experience.

Also try putting your pubcenter credentials in the test app to check your config