[Phone][XNA] An event for when there are no available ads

Apr 12, 2013 at 1:27 AM
Hi everyone,
I'm having some trouble on windows phone with xna.
  • The houseAd is never showing up, not even in the sample project, so sometimes there's a big empty space on my app.
    When I was using PubCentre only, I used to rearrange the items on screen depending on the presence of advertisements, but I can't find any event in AdRotator that fires when an ad is succesfully received. Is there a way to see if there is any ad showing up at all?
  • It looks like I can't display any ad from MobFox, not even in the sample project, is it supported with XNA?
Thank you very much.
Coordinator
Apr 12, 2013 at 2:17 PM
Right, I've looked in to this a bit and I think I found the root of the issue, it's basically WP8.

The XNA project runs fine for all supported providers in XNA on WP7 / WP7.1 / WP7.8, however a bug exists for WP8 using XNA projects that doesn't appear in the Silverlight code.

We'll try and look into it but it's likely the fix will have to wait until V2 unless you want to try and debug the error from source and submit a patch. The error shows up as a web exception.
"An exception of type 'System.Net.WebException' occurred in System.Windows.ni.dll and wasn't handled before a managed/native boundary"

The AdRotator.Log event outputs all messages from the current system for New Ads, Ad Providers tested, Ad Providers displaying, Ads Disabled and so on.

However I like your idea of having specific events available to consuming apps can hook into them instead of just a log. If you want to add that point and any others to the V2 backlog, then just put them up for vote here - https://www.voteit.com/v/HiHC8jq1MV8wxEW
For the Future of Graphics gaming in AdRotator for V2 with the reduction of XNA we'll probably be expanding the 3D support to include C++ and MonoGame more prominently in the future
Apr 19, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Thank you, it looks like that's not worthy to find a fix, the microsoft marketplace is giving me a really hard time.
V2 seems really promising, looking forward Monogame support.
Coordinator
Apr 19, 2013 at 11:38 PM
In source there is already MonoGame support for AdRotator but cannot comment too much on it's use / implementation as it's managed by them currently.

We hope to include it more in the base come V2.

As far as I know it's working as it is used in several MonoGame projects on the marketplace currently