House ad darker than it should be

Mar 27, 2013 at 12:50 AM
I am using adrotator (for WP7) with pubcenter, adduplex and a house ad for one of my paid apps. The house ad is a lot darker than it should be for some reason. The other ads look just fine. I tried this in another app and the house ad gets a darker tone in that one as well.

Am I doing something wrong?
Mar 27, 2013 at 9:18 PM
Unless it's the way you composed the House Ad I'm not sure what could cause that.

You could try just the provider on it's own to see if its being caused by another provider maybe.

The Ad Canvas is the same for all providers so have no idea why one would look different to another.
Mar 27, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Ok, thanks for answering. I'll get back to you if I ever figure this one out :)
Apr 19, 2013 at 9:42 PM
In AdRotatorDefaultHouseAdComponent.cs, at Draw():
On lines 138 and 144 both DefaultHouseAdRemoteTexture and DefaultTexture are drawn in Color.Gray. Just change these to Color.White and the problem is gone.
Apr 20, 2013 at 12:49 AM
You are absolutely right, no idea how that got in there as all the other components are fine.

I've updated the source with the above fix and I have also republished the 0.5 XNA alpha with the fix included as well.

Great catch HyApp

(another reason V2 is going GIT, to allow the community to offer fixes / updates :D)