Crash with no credit in 3g connection

Mar 4, 2013 at 1:41 PM
This error will not happen often, but, the application crash if you are connected with a 3g connection but you don't have credit to download information.

I didn't figure out where is crashing. any help?

Thanks.

Pablo
Mar 5, 2013 at 4:14 PM
Edited Mar 5, 2013 at 4:14 PM
The error is
System.NullReferenceException was unhandled
  Message=NullReferenceException
  StackTrace:
       at AdDuplex.Models.ImageCacheManager.<>c__DisplayClass7.<IsAdCached>b__6(CacheCatalogItem ci)
       at System.Linq.Enumerable.Count[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
       at AdDuplex.Models.ImageCacheManager.IsAdCached(TextAdInfo adInfo)
       at AdDuplex.Xna.AdManager.LoadAdImage()
       at AdDuplex.Xna.AdManager.OnNetworkManagerAdLoaded(Object sender, AdLoadedEventArgs e)
       at AdDuplex.Models.NetworkManager.OnAdLoaded(TextAdInfo newAd)
       at AdDuplex.Models.NetworkManager.<>c__DisplayClass2.<LoadNewAdCallback>b__0()
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InternalInvoke(RuntimeMethodInfo rtmi, Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean isBinderDefault, Assembly caller, Boolean verifyAccess, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InternalInvoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
       at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters)
       at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeOne(Object[] args)
       at System.MulticastDelegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
       at System.Delegate.DynamicInvoke(Object[] args)
       at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
       at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Dispatch(DispatcherPriority priority)
       at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.OnInvoke(Object context)
       at System.Windows.Hosting.CallbackCookie.Invoke(Object[] args)
       at System.Windows.Hosting.DelegateWrapper.InternalInvoke(Object[] args)
       at System.Windows.RuntimeHost.ManagedHost.InvokeDelegate(IntPtr pHandle, Int32 nParamCount, ScriptParam[] pParams, ScriptParam& pResult)
Mar 11, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Nobody?
Coordinator
Mar 15, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Apologies for not getting back sooner, for some reason I didn't get the alert for a new thread in the discussions.

As far as I'm aware, web calls on WP should just return back as an error if there is no credit on 3G or a bad APN for that matter. I suspect it's an issue with the network detection code getting confused and not taking this in to account.

I'd suggest testing with the Alpha version that is available for download to see if this alleviates the problem.

Unfortunately not had the time or feedback about the alpha release as yet to release it, but with enough testers we can get that packages to NuGet once it's testing is complete.

Hope this helps