Ad rotator for Windows Phone 8 V1.0 crashes when no network

Jan 27, 2013 at 4:01 AM

I tried out Ad Rotator for Windows Phone 8 V1.0 and use local inhouse ad when no network. However, Ad Rotator crashes right at the first sliding of my local in-house ad. The exception message says "Value does not fall within the expected range.". I wonder if anyone has seen this.

Another issue is that the control take along time to load when network is slow.

Coordinator
Jan 27, 2013 at 8:49 PM

The slow network thing is something we are aware of and are looking into.

In our tests we didn't see any issues with the sliding capabilities as it's taken directly from the phone 7 version (updated for WP8), do you get the same experience in the sample apps?

Also could you put together a small test project to replicate the issue please?

Jan 29, 2013 at 4:47 AM
Thanks Darkside for your time.

it is pretty easy to duplicate. Whenever the adrotator runs the in-house ads, it crashes. To make it quicker, you just simply comment out all other ads and just leave the in-house ads in the setting file.

Attached please find the test project.

Thanks,

--
Kevin Tran

To: [email removed]
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 13:49:34 -0800
Subject: Re: Ad rotator for Windows Phone 8 V1.0 crashes when no network [wp7adrotator:430978]

The slow network thing is something we are aware of and are looking into.
In our tests we didn't see any issues with the sliding capabilities as it's taken directly from the phone 7 version (updated for WP8), do you get the same experience in the sample apps?
Also could you put together a small test project to replicate the issue please?
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (wp7adrotator@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email wp7adrotator@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
Coordinator
Feb 13, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Hi started looking into this issue whilst working on some other bugs and i've been unable to replicate this one.

About to upload an alpha build for the next release, can you try using that one in a test project and see if you can still replicate it. As this is a manual release please ensure all the provider dlls are up to date. We do include some of the providers in the package but some you have to source direct like Microsoft and AdDuplex

Hope this helps
Coordinator
Feb 13, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Latest Alpha builds now available on - http://wp7adrotator.codeplex.com/releases