Silverlight 1.3 XAMLParseException ocurred

Dec 28, 2012 at 4:10 PM
Edited Dec 28, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Here is a screenshot: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/24656680/Silverlight%201.3.png
Can anyone help me, please? 

I only downloaded the locationAware sample and tried to run it.

Coordinator
Dec 30, 2012 at 1:06 AM
Edited Dec 30, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Sorry for not getting back sooner.

that error is most likely caused by not having all the provider references in your project with AdRotator, if you are using the samples check all the references are recognized.

V1 has a dependency that all provider dlls must be available regardless of which you use, this also ensures that if you wish to enable another provider later you don't have to redeploy your app, although we are working to break this dependency in V2 to give more choice and ease adding new providers in the future.

hope this helps.

alternatively you can use the new NuGet packages which have most of the dlls already included except for pubcenter and adduplex which have specific deployment options

Dec 30, 2012 at 4:35 PM

That didn't help. I noticed the Silverlight v1.2 works fine.
I got this warning with V1.3  Found conflicts between different versions of the same dependent assembly. AdRotatorExample

Do you know  what it is?

Coordinator
Jan 9, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Do you want to try removing all AdProvider and AdRotator references and se the AdRotator NuGet package and see if that helps.

Be sure your settings for the XAML control follow the specs and your config XML is configured correctly (plus set to build action of type resource (the NuGet package should do this for you)

Let me know if this helps

Jan 9, 2013 at 10:46 PM
I'll use the v1.2, which works fine.
Em 09/01/2013, às 21:21, "Darkside" <notifications@codeplex.com> escreveu:

Do you want to try removing all AdProvider and AdRotator references and se the AdRotator NuGet package and see if that helps.

Be sure your settings for the XAML control follow the specs and your config XML is configured correctly (plus set to build action of type resource (the NuGet package should do this for you)

Let me know if this helps

Coordinator
Jan 10, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Fair enough, were certainly not going to dictate use, up to you which version you use in the end :D