How is DefaultHouseAdBody/DefaultHouseAdURI supposed to be used?

Dec 26, 2012 at 11:09 PM

In the source code that's posted for the Win8 version, it has DefaultHouseAdBody as an object, and the sample project shows you can set this to whatever control you wants. I installed 1.0.9 of the Win8 control, and now DefaultHouseAdBody is a string instead of an object, so I can't set it to my own control. I'm guessing DefaultHouseAdURI has something to do with it. How are these supposed to be used? I'm disappointed that a change broke code I had written to use the control. This makes me leery of getting any more updates of the control.

Steve

Coordinator
Dec 27, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Many apologies about that, I thought I had mentioned it in the release notes but in checking it got left out.

It was a necessary change due to a few critical issues that had been discovered of late with repeated use or sole use of the house ad.

The new solution is a lot more flexible and i'm even looking to see if the configuration can be moved to the remote XML, although granted it's a bit overkill with the existing RemoteAd configuration.  It would just allow the se of multiple local house ads with extra functionality that the remote ads don't provide.

Just looking into your other issue now, any other problems let me know

Dec 27, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Thanks. Can you give me an example of how it should be used? The only examples I found were where it was an object and you passed in the control you wanted it to show.

Coordinator
Dec 27, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Just posted discussion explaining the updated approach, will check in my source and update the sample project when I get a sec :D