Debug mode works, but Release mode Crashes

Nov 24, 2012 at 2:56 AM

I've implemented XNA AdRotator 0.3 on my game and it works fine on the debug mode but it crashes when I run the Release Mode.

Anyone got an idea?

Coordinator
Nov 25, 2012 at 1:17 PM

Do you have any further detail?, the example apps do not exhibit this behaviour.

Also have you updated to the latest 0.4 release?

Nov 25, 2012 at 2:41 PM
Edited Nov 25, 2012 at 2:42 PM

I'd like to know what could cause this bug. What changes between release and Debug modes.

I didn't update to 0.4 because some people said it has problems.

Coordinator
Nov 25, 2012 at 4:14 PM

0.4 resolved an issue with pubcenter where it could cause crashes, so i'd recommend updating to that version.

Unsure of what else could cause the cause the issue as it's never been reported before, do you have any more details of how your using it, where the error is occurring?, can you test with 0.4 and see if it resolves your issue

Nov 25, 2012 at 6:50 PM

I don't use pubcenter, so I don't see any reason to use the 0.4 release now.

It occurs when I initialize the AdRotator.

Nov 25, 2012 at 6:56 PM

Somehow I fixed it.

There is something weird if the Microsoft.Advertising.Mobile.XNA Reference. Something caused it to bug.

Coordinator
Nov 26, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Were you referencing BOTH of the MS advertising Dll's, they changed it fairly recently so that you had to have both.

Note, for AdRotator in V1 you have to have all the provider DLL's in your project even if you are not currently using them, this is both so you can add them remotely at a later date without rebuilding and because of the way V1 is architected.  We hope to remove this dependency in V2