XNA ad goes to the middle of the screen?

Oct 13, 2012 at 10:16 AM
Edited Oct 13, 2012 at 7:25 PM

I've just implemented the adrotator to my XNA game. But some, not all, ads transitions (from bottom defined position) to the middle of the screen (protrait mode).

Is this a feature? How do I turn this off? And does this also apply to the silverlight also?

UPDATE:

This might possible be a bug. I've added my ad at the bottom like so:

AdRotatorXNAComponent.Current.AdPosition = new Vector2(0, 720);            AdRotatorXNAComponent.Current.SlidingAdDirection = SlideDirection.Bottom;

But in my app, and not always it seems to think SlideDirection is Top, sliding the ad from 720 to about mid screen (guessing by the looks).

I've changed the SlideDirection to Left and I can't say I have these problems now (guessing it slides the ad far out on the left side, as inteded).

Coordinator
Oct 14, 2012 at 5:08 PM

If you don't want the "Slide"feature then set it to "None"

If you do want to use the slide direction, then just experiment with placement and direction until you get the effect you were looking for, all ads should adhere to the sliding action, if any don't let us know and we'll take a look.

Oct 15, 2012 at 2:10 PM

I want the sliding feature but what I'm saying is that you might have a bug.

I put my ad at the bottom, with the sliding to bottom. Still it slides to top in some cases. It's seems completly random when it does the wrong slide.

I fixed this by setting the ad to the bottom, and using the left option to the sliding. Seems to work 100%!

Thanks for a really nice control. Loving it!

Coordinator
Oct 15, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Ok just to clarify.

Which Ad Providers are sliding in the wrong direction, is it all or just a few?

Which Ad Providers are you using / testing with?

Just so we can get to the bottom of this since the sliding feature has been there a while now and this is the first issue logged with it.

Nov 7, 2012 at 5:07 PM

I created a test project and place the AdRotator in the top-left corner and i set the following values:

AdRotatorXNAComponent.Current.AdPosition = new Vector2(0, 0);
AdRotatorXNAComponent.Current.AdWidth = 350;
AdRotatorXNAComponent.Current.AdHeight = 50;

AdRotatorXNAComponent.Current.SlidingAdDirection = SlideDirection.Top;
AdRotatorXNAComponent.Current.SlidingAdDisplaySeconds = 20;
AdRotatorXNAComponent.Current.SlidingAdHiddenSeconds = 0;

AdRotatorXNAComponent.Current.DefaultSettingsFileUri = "defaultAdSettings.xml";

I made a video to better convey what's happening. As far I can tell, it happens with all ad providers

http://vimeo.com/53013407

Coordinator
Nov 8, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Thanks for the info, will try and have a look at that.  possibly a corruption of the "start" values for the animation.

You video does highlight the issue with PubCenter, will need to revalidate that but it does seem like Pubcenters fault since it is drawing in two locations, or possibly an issue with managing pubcenter in AdRotator

Nov 8, 2012 at 9:42 PM

I handled the pub center issue by drawing the control at (-100,-100) to start. Then when i want to see the ad(on a menu screen or in the level), i move it to a position i want (200,0) or whatever. Then if i hide it and invalidate it, i move it back to (-100,-100), because where ever it is when you invalidate it creates duplicates. I've just published an ad version of my game using this. LunarX. It should be out in 4-5 day (if all goes well :)