XNA AdMob Support

Oct 2, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Hey guys,

I did a quick search and couldn't find anything related to AdMob support on a XNA only project for Windows Phone 7.

In the wiki page for XNA there's a line saying there's a property for a AdMobAdUnitId - app ID to use the app with AdMob, but IntelliSense doesn't show it.

Am I missing something, or AdMob isn't supported yet?

Thanks in advance. :)

-Heitor

Coordinator
Oct 2, 2012 at 12:43 PM

That's correct that we don't currently support AdMob in the XNA version of AdRoator at present, the setting value was there as we intended to implement it however Google are dropping AdMob in favour of Google AdSense so we decided not to continue with that.

We may include Google AdSense at a later date (most likely in V2) if there is sufficient interest

Hope this helps.

AdMob is still supported in the Silverlight version through their SL control

Oct 2, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Thanks for the answer Darkside. I'll be taking a look at the SL control then. :)

Jan 23, 2013 at 6:12 AM

Any update on AdMob??

Stan

Coordinator
Jan 23, 2013 at 10:14 AM

As Stated in this conversation - http://wp7adrotator.codeplex.com/discussions/287393#post990682

AdMob isn't supported on XNA for two reasons, then don't provide an XNA control or web API we can hook into, also it is being phased out in favour of Google AdSense (which has the same level of support)

We are monitoring them in case they update and come out with anything more

P.S

Please refrain from putting the same question in multiple threads, we will always answer questions in any thread.