Clicking on Smaato Ads doesn't work right.

Sep 13, 2012 at 4:20 PM
Edited Sep 13, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Hello,

I'm using the XNA re-release and I've noticed that the click code is bad implemented.

I try to explain. If the user clicks on a Smaato Ad and his finger is some seconds on the ad, the component tries to open the Ad several times cause the update method with the click method is called several times instead of calling the method once.

Now some of you might think where is the problem?

If the user clicks on the ad, instead of being redirected to the Ad URL the user is redirected to some adspacer.gif file which is blank. So the user only sees a blank white page.

I've written a dirty workaround, if someone is interested I can post it but it's nothing amazing and pretty dirty code.

I hope you guys can understand what I mean. English is not my mother language so it's quite hard for me to explain this issue in English.

Coordinator
Sep 14, 2012 at 9:01 AM

Were aware of the click issue with some of the custom components, another user helped out by unpacking the PubCenter control and found they were using the mouse click event rather than tapped so we are looking to update to that.

As for Smaato through, the click is handled by Smaato themselves, so if the interaction is not working as expected first test JUST using the Smaato control and see if it still does it, is so try contacting Smaato.

If the behaviour is different to AdRotator then let us know.

P.S. Smaato have a newer version of their control which will be updated in the next update to AdRotator.