MobFox don't work in XNA release

Sep 10, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Hello,

I've noticed that MobFox don't work in the 0.2 xna re-release. Everytime I try to get an MobFox Ad it throws "System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException" but I don't know where. Is there maybe a workaround or is MobFox currently not supported?

I would be very thankful if someone can give me a hint or a workaround.

Coordinator
Sep 10, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Hi there

Did some preliminary testing with mobfox and found no issues, although I did note that MobFox seem to have stopped delivering image ads, all the ads I got back were text only which for obvious reasons don't play well with XNA (we've only allowed for images and don't provide a text ad renderer)

We bind all web and network calls within AdRotator safely so not sure where that error could happen without it being handled safely.

Do you have any further info on how to replicate your error and are you testing as well with the example app?

Coordinator
Sep 10, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Right finally found the source of the mysterious error and it was a simple case due to the fact mobfox are only delivering text ads, we initially (wrongly) assumed there would always be an image and this caused some of the underlying network data tests to fail.

Sorted now and we'll include the fix in the next hot release

Sep 11, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Hey.

Thanks a lot for the help. I wait for the next release.