Ad rotator for MonoGame

Developer
Jun 28, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Hi

I am one of the MonoGame coordinators. We have been trying to find a good cross platform advert system for a while now and I only just stumbled across this project.

I downloaded the code and did some basic tests and I am pleased that I managed to use (with some modifications) the ModFox provider under a monogame project on windows. I am hoping to test the code on the Android version of MonoGame as well, then on the Metro version.

Some of the providers will not work as the assemblies are not available, but I think ModFox should work across all the platforms (and possibly one or two of the others)

Are you open to code contributions? It would be nice if I could contribute the MonoGame code changes/projects back to this project.

Dean

Coordinator
Jun 29, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Were certainly open to contributions to the project, in fact Version 2 of the control will move to GIT to enable better collaboration.

As for the incompatibility of the controls you might want to consider looking at the XNA branch which has employed a WEB image download direction for most providers.

Will have to check with Gergely the project lead first but all sounds good.

Have you already worked on a local branch of AdRotator for Mono?

Developer
Jun 29, 2012 at 10:09 AM

I downloaded the v1 source code last night and managed to get the ModFox stuff working on the windows port of MonoGame. It shouldnt take much to port it to android Im guessing as the code it uses is pretty standard stuff. 

Moving to git would be great, monogame is hosted on git, but it also means we could link to your project as a submodule to allow our developers/users easier access.

Coordinator
Jun 29, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Yes, we're very much open to contribution. V2 will indeed be moving to git for better collaboration, for now let me add you as developer on here so you can contribute changes which we can package up later.

Developer
Jul 3, 2012 at 6:46 PM

I noticed that V2 does not have any current xna implementation, are you planning to add it? Shall I add my changes to the v1 branch for now?

Coordinator
Jul 3, 2012 at 7:04 PM

v2 is more of a placeholder currently, v1 is used for current releases. Yes, could you check it in under v1 and I'll review it for the next minor release. Thanks!

Coordinator
Jul 3, 2012 at 10:11 PM

We've only got minor bug fixes and improvements to V1.  Just to finish stabilise it.

V2 is where the main effort is heading (when we get time) and hopefully more platforms

Developer
Jul 31, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Hey Dean.

What is the status of your work on the MonoGame port?  We're looking to get things working on iOS (AdMob) and Windows 8 (PubCenter, AdDuplex).

- Tom