Microsoft Advertising Not Displaying

Jun 24, 2012 at 12:04 AM

I have configured this correctly and am using the 6.1 version dlls.

 

I have looked at a few other discussions on how to fix this issue but none have worked. Other ads show up from Smaato fine.

If I do not use adrotator and just microsoft advertising I can get them to display.

What issues do you think I am having?

Jun 24, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Want to mention, this is what my ad settings xml file looks like, maybe it is configured wrong...

 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<AdSettings xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
	<CultureDescriptors>
		<AdCultureDescriptor CultureName="en-US">
      <Probabilities Probability="20" AdType="Smaato" AppID="65763880" SecondaryID="923861626" />
      <Probabilities Probability="80" AdType="PubCenter" AppID="10017005" SecondaryID="62bf915e-0471-4441-992d-dfadf2edad9e" />
    </AdCultureDescriptor>
		<AdCultureDescriptor CultureName="en-GB">
      <Probabilities Probability="50" AdType="Smaato" AppID="65763880" SecondaryID="923861626" />
      <Probabilities Probability="50" AdType="PubCenter" AppID="10017005" SecondaryID="62bf915e-0471-4441-992d-dfadf2edad9e" />
    </AdCultureDescriptor>
		<AdCultureDescriptor CultureName="de-DE">
      <Probabilities Probability="70" AdType="Smaato" AppID="65763880" SecondaryID="923861626" />
      <Probabilities Probability="30" AdType="PubCenter" AppID="10017005" SecondaryID="62bf915e-0471-4441-992d-dfadf2edad9e" />
    </AdCultureDescriptor>
		<AdCultureDescriptor CultureName="default">
      <Probabilities Probability="30" AdType="Smaato" AppID="65763880" SecondaryID="923861626" />
      <Probabilities Probability="70" AdType="PubCenter" AppID="10017005" SecondaryID="62bf915e-0471-4441-992d-dfadf2edad9e" />
    </AdCultureDescriptor>
	</CultureDescriptors>
</AdSettings>

Coordinator
Jun 25, 2012 at 9:48 PM

As they ever say when one issue is fixed 2 more pop up.

In this it has highlighted in testing an issue when only supplying a Local Default File Settings configuration WITHOUT a remote Settings URI configuration.  Could of sworn I had fixed that some time again but it has reappeared again, so I will try and address that shortly.

 

However, in testing with your Provider configuration above it also highlighed that your PubCenter Configuration is not serving Ads for some reason.  When I used the configuration from the example app (tried both the config from SL and XNA projects) they work fine.  Not sure why it would work directly plumbed into PubCenter though.

 

Also note if you are testing in the emulator, PubCenter do not allow you to use Live Config, you can only use "Test" config, if you look at the output from the "Log" event from AdRotator it will display this.

 

Will get back to you on the issue but suggest you test your settings in the file above against those in the example apps

Issue logged - http://wp7adrotator.codeplex.com/workitem/2623

Developer
Oct 4, 2012 at 11:41 AM

I've got the same issue pubcenter not showing up, it is one of the reasons Why i've discontinued CLALFREE...I'm subscribing to discussion to have news.

If I could do something to help just let me know.

 

Davide

Coordinator
Oct 4, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Fenix 

 

We resolved all the configuration issues in the last release.

If you are having issue with just one provider can you please test using their control separately (pubcenter in this case) to ensure your ad config is working and serving ads.