AdRotator SL 1.1 & XNA 0.2 re-release

Coordinator
May 15, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Following some base issues with the recent releases I've decided to re-release them with some recent issues that were uncovered.  Most of these relate to the Threading change and some unexpected behaviours on implementation.

Keep an eye on this thread for when the re-release is published

(Decided not to increment the version as they were very minor patch fixes and didn't want a version 1.1.1 or 0.2.1 :D)

Any issues comment here.

Coordinator
May 16, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Re-Release binaries and source now published, most notably fixed are the following issues:

• Now Blend Friendly (Blend crashed if you supplied a SettingsURL)
  • Little Watson Error reporting added to all samples
  • Using Ad Control on multiple pages now tested work, check samples for correct use when using local house ads
  • Few other minor corrections and fixes

I am also going to publish my updated Starter 2D and 3D sample projects which fully utilise AdRotator in both XNA and SilverXNA (XNA and Silverlight accordingly)

Details can be found on the codeplex project here : http://starterxna.codeplex.com/

I will follow upwith re-fresher instructions on my blog and updated here on the new features and little gotcha's, one little gotcha if you don't watch it is that for XNA projects the default settings file needs to be delivered with it's build type set to "Content" whereas in Silverlight projects it needs to be set to "Resource".

But to really confuse things, in a SilverXNA project it needs to be set as "Content" further bluring the lines whether a SilverXNA project is Silverlight with XNA tagged on or the other way round?

Any issues / problems or general queries please feel free to comment here, start your own discussion or try your luck on the issue lottery and log an issue.  Any and all comments welcomed so long as they don't upset me. :D

Enjoy

Coordinator
May 17, 2012 at 9:30 AM

The Starter series tutorial projects have now been fully updated and tested to show AdRotators use in Both XNA & Silverlight.

There you will find:

• Starter XNA 3D project in SilverXNA - AdRotator implemented with Silverlight and using a copy of the AdRotator project
  • Starter XNA 3D project in XNA - AdRotator implemented with XNA and referencing the AdRotator release DLL
  • Starter XNA 2D project in SilverXNA - AdRotator implemented with Silverlight and referencing the AdRotator release DLL
  • Starter XNA 2D project in XNA - AdRotator implemented with XNA and referencing the AdRotator release DLL

They are just uploaded as source so feel free to browse.

http://starterxna.codeplex.com/