Small ads

May 5, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Hello,

First thanks for this awesome tool and the time you're spending on it!

I'm currently trying to implement it in my game (silverlight), but so far my game were using 300x50 ads from pubcenter, now if I try to set the adrotator control width and height to 300x50 ads displayed will not fit inside (even pubcenter ads that were configured with this size)

Do you know any way to solve this issue and make ads fit the control dimensions ?

Best regards

Coordinator
Jun 6, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Setting the AdWidth and AdHeight properties of the AdRotator control should define the area that the ad is displayed and in Ad Providers that support alternate dimensions (like Pubcenter) it will pass those values to the provider and display the ad it gives.

The only other thing that can alter the Display dimensions are the default Silverlight Width and Height you set on the control.

Let me know if this helps or log and issue with your replication instructions and we'll investigate.

Aug 4, 2012 at 8:02 AM

Hello,

do you know which ad providers integrated in "WP7 ad rotator" support 300x50 resolution?

I'm integrating adrotator and trying it on emulator using the following control:

<adRotator:AdRotatorControl x:Name="AdRotatorControl"
                xmlns:adRotator="clr-namespace:AdRotator;assembly=AdRotator"
                Margin="-12,538,-12,6" Height="50" Width="300" SettingsUrl="http://www.myurl.com/myAdSettings.xml"
                AdWidth="300" AdHeight="50"
                DefaultAdType="None"
                DefaultSettingsFileUri="/AppAssemblyName;component/defaultAdSettings.xml"
                [...] ad providers configuration [...]
                SlidingAdDirection="Left"
                SlidingAdDisplaySeconds="10"
                SlidingAdHiddenSeconds="20" />

but advertisements appears cut . Is there any error in my code? Or all others ad providers doesn't support this resolution?

Thanks in advance,

Francesco Argese

<adRotator:AdRotatorControl x:Name="AdRotatorControl"
                xmlns:adRotator="clr-namespace:AdRotator;assembly=AdRotator"
                Margin="-12,538,-12,6" Height="50" Width="300" SettingsUrl="http://www.frar.eu/wp7Apps/rapidNotesAdSettings.xml"
                AdWidth="300" AdHeight="50"
                DefaultAdType="None"
                DefaultSettingsFileUri="/AppAssemblyName;component/defaultAdSettings.xml"
                PubCenterAdUnitId="05f2cc46-8dfc-4da1-98f9-dd2a1fffcf4f"
                PubCenterAppId="10039217"
                AdDuplexAppId="17527"
                AdMobAdUnitId="a1501bc9cc0f490"
                InneractiveAppId="frar_rapidnotes_WP7"
                MobFoxAppId="9846b34a35f2e9eb9a39e378f68cfc31"
                SmaatoPublisherId ="92386377"
                SmaatoAppId="65766950"
                SlidingAdDirection="Left"
                SlidingAdDisplaySeconds="10"
                SlidingAdHiddenSeconds="20" />