AdRotator XNA 0.2 release and Info on upcoming Silverlight Release

Coordinator
May 4, 2012 at 4:09 PM

As you may be aware we just released V0.2 of the XNA AdRotator control which includes a host of fixes, an update to the new pubcenter control and the new Remote texture support for house ads.

We're still working on the final updates for the Silverlight release but if you feel you need to update now (for the new pubcenter control) then feel free to download the source and compile your own version, is fully working (as far as we are aware) with all fixes applied including the new pubcenter control, we're just adding the remote URL house ad feature at present.

So if you're doing XNA grab the latest release and if your doing Silverlight then either use the source version or wait a little bit.

We've also reverted back to our original release strategy and include all dependant Ad Provider DLL's with the release package to avoid the issue's we've seen with updated controls, so everything you need will be in one package.

Let us know how you get on.

May 15, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Is the source code available for XNA 0.2? It still does not work for me. I removed the local xml file to be sure I was only using the remote file, and it always goes straight to the default ad when I have pubcenter set to 100%. I also noticed in the source code from 0.1 that the SettingsUrl file is not being set in the Fetch Method. Fetch is called before the initialize method where we actually set SettingsUrl with our address. So this line always returns "" and therefore always calls GetDefaultSettings(). 

public void FetchAdSettingsFile()
        {
            if (_remoteAdSettingsFetched || !IsEnabled || String.IsNullOrEmpty(SettingsUrl))
            {
                _settings = GetDefaultSettings();
                return;
            }

Coordinator
May 15, 2012 at 3:18 PM
Edited May 15, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Yes the source is available and I just did some minor adjustments based on feedback (will release 0.2 with this fixes)

I've also updated my own two XNA sample projects to use the new release which are working fully, these can be found at - http://starterxna.codeplex.com/ (Source only at the moment)

** Ensure your "DefaultAdSettings" file in your project is set to "Resource" else it won't be deployed with your app

Note only the XNA versions of those samples are updated, still working on the Silverlight version as I hit a wall in testing at my workplace, need to continue at home.

Hope this helps, the examples will show you how best to implement adrotator across multiple pages, if you have any other issues please let me know.

May 15, 2012 at 11:59 PM

awesome. seems to be working for me now! Excellent job!

Coordinator
May 16, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Any other comments or suggestions for the framework, let us know.  Glad your up and running now.