PubCenter only displays 1st ad on xna version

Mar 29, 2012 at 9:58 PM

I set up pubcenter at 100% , then default house ad. I get the 1st pubcenter ad, then only get the house ad from then on. I know pub center has ads, because when I switch to my previous code with just pubcenter I'm getting ads. 

I also tested InnerActive and MobFox and they both seem to work. Although I'm getting the same InnerActive ad over and over again, and the MobFox default "It Works" ad is blurry and I can hardly read it. 

Is this normal behavior?

Adam

Apr 9, 2012 at 3:41 PM

I am experiencing the same issue.  Is anyone looking into this?  I would like to use adRotator in my game, but this issue would really affect my revenue.

Coordinator
Apr 10, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Unfortunately won't have the time to roll up my sleeves and look into this until next week - the XNA version is a pretty new one and I'm not much an XNA person. Until then (or until Simon who wrote the XNA part can look at it) I'm afraid it won't get fixed unless someone contributes a fix.

Coordinator
Apr 15, 2012 at 12:55 PM

I'll look into this issue as soon as I can, however the logic for selecting the Ad is the same for all Ad Providers in both the Silverlight and XNA versions, so I'm not sure why PubCenter would behave differently unless MS have changed something in their backend.

PubCenter have also updated their control recently so I'll get a patch fix out for both projects for V1 with the new control and test this scenario.

Coordinator
Apr 25, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Right, been looking at this and eventually found the problem.  When I originally implemented the pubcenter control there were know issues with the both versions so I took measures to work around them, it's been updated once since the initial push and i've updated it again for the next point release.

In the version available at the moment it looks like they have fixed one of the issues however in such a way that it now causes an exception if you try to initialise the control twice.  Simple to fix.

So you can either download the source and patch the code yourself or wait for the next point release which should be fairly soon (obviously depends on your urgency).

To resolve this edit "AdRotatorXNA.cs" and in the section that creates the pubcenter control change the following from:

AdGameComponent.Initialize(this.Game, PubCenterAppId);

To

if(!AdGameComponent.Initialized) AdGameComponent.Initialize(this.Game, PubCenterAppId);

And the Pubcenter ad control will now continue serving ads until it either runs out or looses the network :D

Hope this helps.