Any plans to support MobFox?

Jan 7, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Any plans to support www.mobfox.com?

/M

Developer
Jan 24, 2012 at 7:33 AM

I've integrated mobfox and re-enabled innearactive and fixed the source code it was not actually taking updates for a small flaw, actually using it in two applications (Clalfree and Percent Calculator 2), I've written to the project coordinator but got no answers yet, waiting some more day and then I'll decide what to do.

Regards

Davide Cleopadre, from Italy

www.cleosolutions.com

Developer
Jan 24, 2012 at 7:34 AM

I've integrated mobfox and re-enabled innearactive and fixed the source code it was not actually taking updates for a small flaw, actually using it in two applications (Clalfree and Percent Calculator 2), I've written to the project coordinator but got no answers yet, waiting some more day and then I'll decide what to do.

Regards

www.cleosolutions.com

Developer
Jan 24, 2012 at 7:34 AM

Regards

www.cleosolutions.com

Coordinator
Jan 24, 2012 at 8:31 AM

I've added you to the contributors list, contribution is much welcome! :)

Coordinator
Jan 25, 2012 at 10:09 PM

The latest release (0.8) now has support for MobFox.

Jan 28, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Hi,

I have added MobFox to my ads provider list and I started to notice a flicker on the AdRotator control. I think is because of the AutoRotate property that is set to True in the CreateMobFoxControl() function:

private FrameworkElement CreateMobFoxControl()
        {
            var MobFoxAd = new MobFox.Ads.AdControl();
            MobFoxAd.PublisherID = MobFoxAppId;
            MobFoxAd.AutoRotate = true;
            MobFoxAd.TestMode = MobFoxIsTest;
            MobFoxAd.RequestNextAd();
            //adDuplexAd.IsTest = true;
            return MobFoxAd;
        }

The guys from MobFox recomend that we set AutoRotate to False when we need to combine MobFox with SDKs from other networks, here is a copy&paste from their SDK Ussage document:

"By default the MobFox AdControls run in AutoRotate mode, which means that an ad is

automatically served when one is available. This usually very convenient when MobFox is your sole ad provider.

If you want to fall back on other networks when MobFox does not have an ad available at that

moment, you have to follow another procedure:

1. Set the AutoRotate property to false. This means that an ad has to be 'manually' requested using the RequestNextAd() method.

2. Provide handlers for the NewAd and NoAd events. Either NewAd or NoAd will be invoked,

depending whether an ad is available. In your NoAd handler you can implement to logic that

is needed to request an ad from another network. In the NewAd handler, you could invoke

RequestNextAd() again, to request another MobFox ad after the display interval has expired."

What do you guys think about this?  Is this the source of the flickering?

Thanks,

Mircea

Developer
Jan 29, 2012 at 8:27 AM

Hi Mircea, unfortunately in my country, Italy, there are almost no ADS from Mobfox usually I've to left the ad for minutes in hoping to have an

ad, so the flickering is not viewable on my side.

I've noticed that the controls tend to flicker when you change the ad too fast, let at least one min to change it programatically, in my apps I change it every minute or at least never less than 15 seconds.

In the other issue you could take the source code , modify it,  in and try for yourself and in case let us know.