Getting InvalidDesignerUpdateException

Dec 1, 2011 at 6:02 PM

I was trying to integrate Microsoft Ads into my WP 7.1 Silverlight application. It didn't render them even in test mode. Then I tried adding AdRotator but it keeps on giving me following error in the Design View:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Advertising.Mobile.UI, Version=2.1.11120.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

at AdRotator.AdRotatorControl.RemoveEventHandlersFromAdControl()

at AdRotator.AdRotatorControl.Invalidate()

at AdRotator.AdRotatorControl.AdRotatorControl_Loaded(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)

at MS.Internal.CoreInvokeHandler.InvokeEventHandler(Int32 typeIndex, Delegate handlerDelegate, Object sender, Object args)

at MS.Internal.JoltHelper.FireEvent(IntPtr unmanagedObj, IntPtr unmanagedObjArgs, Int32 argsTypeIndex, Int32 actualArgsTypeIndex, String eventName)

Microsoft.Windows.Design.Platform.InvalidDesignerUpdateException

An unhandled exception was encountered while trying to render the current silverlight project on the design surface. To diagnose this failure, please try to run the project in a regular browser using the silverlight developer runtime.

Any ideas how to fix it? And what's the problem?

FYI AdDuplex ads are working perfectly in this application.

Dec 23, 2011 at 6:33 PM

Right click on Microsoft.Advertising.Mobile.UI.xml and unblock it (because it was downloaded from the web).

If it doesnt work, make sure you unblocked all the dll-files to.

I had the same message after adding the dlls to the project (before adding anything to the xaml-files)